Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tales of Hollywood: Dear Lord....

So, it's 2:07 pm on a Sunday in Los Angeles and I am sitting in the AMDA computer lab taking in the lovely leftover barbecue pit smell from the fire in the elevator shaft last Tuesday. I'm not super happy seeing as how today I was suppose to take two of my best friends to church at 3:00 and have a gay old time, hopefully ending with me recieving some life changing revelation. But instead, both friends crapped out, and I found out that contrary to my dad's sworn belief, church started at 2:00 while I was in my crap clothes catching up on blogs because my own laptop won't even turn on, and I have rehearsals for my scene in acting at 4:00. So instead of having this wonderfully, life changing church experience, I will be wallowing in my normal self pity. Ain't life grand.
Though, I'm not saying that I don't have anything to be happy about. Yesterday, Anna, Jacob, and I went to the park from my new favorite movie 500 Days of Summer, called Angel's Knoll in downtown Los Angeles. It was picture perfect, literally, we took pictures. I still can't believe that I live here. Los Angeles, the city of angels, the second largest city in the US. It really is quite crazy. And all the while, I'm at school, not slaving away on term papers about things that I don't give a crap about, but doing what I love and having a gay old time doing so. I just wish that for once I could have a day where I go to bed saying, "Golly gee, today was just grand!" But I guess that's just not realistic.
I don't know why people hate LA. I absolutely love it. It's just full of so much life and color. Everywhere you turn, there is something to do, or something beautiful to look at. The people are generally quite hospitable, except for the crazy homeless people on the street corners. And the weather is almost perfect, compared to Houston. I really am so glad that I'm here.
It would just have been nice to have been able to attend church today...


2 comments:

  1. Aw man, you can't talk about how you took pictures and then not put up pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to, but it didn't work. They should be on my facebook, I was tagged in them.

    ReplyDelete