Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What do Starbucks, Shopping, cops, corn nuggets, and Obama have in common?

So, today started out fine. After school I went to my best friend's house, whom I hadn't seen in quite a while due to her demanding wok schedule (darn Starbucks!). We got thirsty and bored so we went to the mall. She got us some blended creme fraps and then we went searching for a birthday present for another of my best friends. We had so much fun being the silly girls that we are, but then it got dark out.
We made one last stop at Target for me to buy the soundtrack to "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist". After that we decided to go the back way to her house so that I didn't have to drive on 518 during rush hour. Well, the bright people that we are, we didn't realize that we were driving through jerk cop territory. I was looking around for a speed limit sign and watching my speedometer when my friend noticed lights flashing behind me. It was the cops.
I totally freaked out and started to try and find a place to pull over and in the process I ran a stop sign.
I pulled over into a gas station parking lot and the pig came to take my license and registration (thank goodness I had them) and when back to his car when I realized what was happening. Then I freaked out even more. I began to sob harder than I have ever before. I just kept thinking,"This is the last thing my parents need right now. We can't afford this. Oh, my gosh, they're going to think I'm turning into my brother! What am I going to do?" Then I began to pray as Sarah held my hand and calmed me.
The jerk told me I was going 45 in a 30 mph zone, when I know for a fact that I wasn't and then he was all,"So what's going on with your license?"
"Uhm, I don't know? It's my liscense? That's all."
Apparently it had expired, even though I just got it in June. What? Yeah. That's what I said.
So basically after the jerk left, I called my mom sobbing. She thought I had gotten in a wreck and started freaking out. But quickly realized what had happened and tried to console me.
It was so scary. I thought I was going to explode all over my car. And on top of everything, I was on empty. It was horrible.
So, we went back to Sarah's house and she cooked for me and I ate until I was about to burst. She and her sister made me laugh and we went on and watched "27 Dresses".
After that we turned to election coverage. It was crazy. When I went into the bathroom Obama had 207 electoral votes and when I came out, he had won the election with 283 electoral votes. It was crazy I say!
So then I went home to face the wrath of Dad, though he wasn't bad at all. It was such a relief.
I don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight.

1 comment: