Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Poem For Him

It's amazing how the snow silences everything
That is, everything but the will of my heart.
For it has been beating for you for far too long,
And I don't think I will ever get it back.
So in the evening as I make my way home,
My heart will remain here with you,
Though you will probably never know,
That my heart has been beating for you for far too long.
Now I am sure that I will never get it back,
For you are far to good and kind to me
And you have helped me mend my heart.
And no one has ever made me feel the way you do.
So be kind to my heart and treat it with care
I wish you would never let it go.
But for that you would have to know
That my heart, it beats for you.



So that's just a rough draft that I wrote while I was riding in the car through Salt Lake. I know the grammar probably sucks, so spare me those comments. I just thought I would share this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment