Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dumb Teenage Drivers

Well, quite the eventful night. When I was brainstorming about this blog on the way home from the Institute Opening Social, it was just going to be my normal blog, complaining about being single and awkward around guys. Well, that's not the case anymore as while driving home i had quite the terrifying experience. I was driving down a country road trying to get to 35, when I noticed a couple cars behind me driving erratically and the one closest behind me was swirving from side to side of this tiny, two lane, no shoulder road. I was a little put off to say the least. Then once I turned onto 35, the proceeded to box me in, drive right on my bumper, with their brights on. I was absolutely terrified. They continued to drive like this, trying to make me go faster, for a few miles. Finally, I decided to slow down, and they went around me. Luckily at this point in time, I was right by a road I knew well, so I turned off of 35 onto that road, to get away. Luckily for me, they continued on 35.
Once I got home and told my parents, they called the cops. After giving a report over the phone, they sent to officers to my house. I was so scared, simply because I'm terrified of them, but they ended up being quite helpful. I felt so proud of myself, because, through all the stress of that event, I managed to get the liscence plate of one of the trucks so the officers can ticket them and scare the pants off of those dumb kids.
What else is crazy, is that I similar thing happened to a friend of mine just last week. But in this event, the people got out of their truck and surrounded the car, beating on the windows, and then chased them around Pearland for a good 20 minutes.
I don't know what makes people think that they can do these sort of things to people. It's not cool, it completely idiotic, not to mention how dangerous it is! And did I mention, that when this happened to me, it was pouring down rain?
It's amazing how a simple trip home from a church activity of all things, could turn into an experience, making me scared for my life. I swear, instead of upping the legal age for driving or anything like that, the state should make people take IQ tests. That would for sure reduce accidents and such tremendously.

On a lighter note, I wanted to give you the reader, some great music to ponder during your Labor Day weekend. I got these songs off of some free itunes samplers and put them on a mix cd that I've been jamming out to in my car for weeks. I love these songs so much. And make sure that when you listen to them, it is at a level that is too loud for your mother to listen to, but low enough that it doesn't hurt your ears (I'm not here to advertise premature hearing loss).

Edward Sharp & the Magnetic Zeros- 40 Days Dream


Allie Moss- Corner


Ladyhawke- My Delirium


Band of Skulls- I Know What I Am

And these other few are just some old stand byes that I really enjoy.

Modest Mouse- Fire It Up

Kings of Leon- Day Old Blues

Air- Surfing on a Rocket

I was totally going to put up the videos for the rest of these, but it's late and my computer is super slow. So you can youtube them yourselves if you want to..

No comments:

Post a Comment