Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We'll SIng a Song that We all Know...Happy Birthday (Clap) to You!

It's now less than a week away from my birthday. That's right, on Tuesday, I will officially be 19 years old! I'm pretty excited, a little bit scared, and slightly disappointed. Nineteen just sounds so old to me. I mean, I know it's not, but it sounds old when you're eighteen.
I've done alot in the last year. I graduated a semester early, I got my first and second job, I saw a couple of concerts, I went on my first road trip with friends, I got my first ticket and completed my first (and hopefully last(This goes for the ticket thing too)) defensive driving course, made a best friend, made my first trip to Los Angeles, got into a great college (The American Musical and Dramatic Academy) with a top notch musical theater and film acting program, had my first even semi close person to me die, got my first car, went on my first date, saw two friends have children, and had my first two friends get married. All of this among many other things.
There are also alot of other things that I wish I had accomplished. I wish I had gotten a better grade point average, so I could have gotten into BYU and turned it down for AMDA. I wish I would have had my first boyfriend. I wish I could have been in more shows. I wish I could have gone dancing at a club. This, also, among many other things.
But, looking into the future, I have so much going for me, and so much to look forward to. I'm going to be moving to LA in about a month to start college. This alone is going to bring forth so many amazing opportunities to me. I'm so excited for this, and pretty terrified. But I know that if I trust in the Lord and remain dilligent in following his teachings, that I will have nothing to worry about. I'm so thankful for that knowledge and for the gospel in my life. I know that the Lord will always be there for me, if I just trust in him, and that has made all the difference.

Switching topics. here are a couple new songs for you to check out.

MGMT- Electric Feel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtUI5MC9tVM

Just Kait- Sick


Queens of the Stone Age- Make It Wit Chu


Air- Surfing on a Rocket


Manchester Orchestra- I've Got Friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRUOB3Ztv-Y

Cage the Elephant- Ain't No Rest for the Wicked


Cold War Kids- Hang Me Up to Dry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvTKhM6F85U

I'm Out- Meredith

1 comment:

  1. If I had one wish then it would be, a happy happy birthday to you from me.

    ReplyDelete