Tuesday, April 19, 2011

3's and 7's

So... they say death happens in 3's and 7's. So, I hope this is the end.
In October, my beautiful, sweet, amazing dog, Hanna, died of cancer.
In January, my loving, soft, sweet, and amazing cat, Miss Cleo, died of cancer.
Last week, my strong, hardheaded, gentle, inspiring, amazing grandfather, Billy Jack, died.
Last week, my roommate's 2nd cousins on her mom's side and on her dad's side both died.
Today, a teacher at my school, whom I wasn't personally acquainted with, except for having the door opened by him and the occasional smile, but who meant a great deal to a lot of my friends, died of lung cancer.

That's 3 in my family 7 from people in my close circle.
My granny, who means the world to me, was just diagnosed with cancer last week.
I know that with death comes a relief from pain and a reunion with our father in Heaven and that it isn't really a bad thing, but I pray to God that the cycle has stopped. I pray to God...

I dedicate this blog to all of those who have recently passed with love and admiration for the lives they lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment